Ammo For Sale

« « Upper GI Endoscopy Notes | Home | Gun Porn » »

Quote of the Day

I linked the article earlier but this quote is telling:

Because there’s no way that the current forces on our side can combat the NRA. They’re just too big. They have an enormous amount of money and people, and they throw their weight around in a pretty big fashion

Elliot Fineman of the National Gun Victims Action Council, who just recently said that they outnumbered us 50:1. Grassroots, you have none.

11 Responses to “Quote of the Day”

  1. SGB Says:

    They don’t have grassroots because they are elitists. There is no grassroots for a small minority of people who wish to actively oppress the rights of others.

  2. Bubblehead Les Says:

    Last I heard, I believe there were about 50 million Households that had a least one Firearm. So doing the Math, if they out number us 50:1, that means that there are 2.5 BILLION Anti-Gunners in the United Staes alone.

    Not bad for a country who’s population just went over 300 MILLION.

    Which is why we win.

  3. Big fat white guy smoking a cigar and eating grilled puppy Says:

    Dear Uncle,

    Our records indicate we forgot to send you your wheelbarrow of cash last month. Our sincerest apologies. Please expect two wheelbarrows this month, and a complimentary subscription to our monthly newsletter (which is just a mailed envelope stuffed with cash).

  4. Tam Says:

    Because there’s no way that the current forces on our side can combat the NRA. They’re just too big. They have an enormous amount of … people, and they throw their weight around in a pretty big fashion

    Funny, I thought the lefties were big on democracy?

  5. Weer'd Beard Says:

    Tam, Authoritarians are big on getting their way at any cost.

    That’s why the Brady Campaign made its name passing federal legislation that forced all states to comply with their stupid ideas.

    Then bitch about “State’s Rights” when HR 822 comes into discussion.

  6. Sigivald Says:

    “Our cause isn’t popular and that’s why we lose”, in other words.

    True, true, true.

  7. Lyle Says:

    I love how they attempt to violate other people’s rights, and when they fail they claim to be the victims.

    It’s like the schoolyard bully who pokes and pokes and pokes, and when one kid finally pokes him back he screams and cries and puts on a show for the teacher.

    Sorry, Kids, not buyin’ it today. Try sellin’ it somewhere else.

  8. Kevin Baker Says:

    So a counter-protest set up by bloggers that overwhelmed their puny attempt at a boycott is the fault of the NRA?

    I am reminded of the film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, where the two outlaws were obsessed by their Pinkerton pursuer Joe Lefors, while being oblivious to being surrounded by the Bolivian Army.

  9. Michael Says:

    Wait I thought they said they had, like, 14 million members. Maybe I misunderstood and the claim was 14 Brazilian members.

  10. RWC Says:

    And it seems every ‘1’ of them opens a new organization.

    ‘we have 84 organizations!’

    Yeah, wit a total membership of 120 people.

    And the Starbucks page has been a lot of fun lately. Poor SOBs can’t delete their posts.

  11. Ron W Says:

    Tam,

    Those on the left like democracy when, as Jefferson said,”… 51% can take away the rights of the other 49%”, especially when its the right to keep and carry the means of self defense. And they like democracy when money is forcibly taken from you and given to them. And how is that enforced? Oh, by guns of course!