Ammo For Sale

« « Little reason not to | Home | Now that’s funny right there » »

Only 35%?

Record Number of Americans Call Government Our Biggest Problem

7 Responses to “Only 35%?”

  1. Old NFO Says:

    That DOES seem a little low…

  2. Lyle Says:

    Well, it does say “biggest”. How many would cite government in the top three, or top ten “biggest” problems in their lives? That actually would be saying a lot given the magnitude and scope of problems people often have in their day-to-day lives, contrasted with the notion that government is there to “help”.

    There is a wide range between “government is here to help” and “government is the biggest problemn in my life”. As soon as you move away from “government is here to help”, that means government is failing to uphold its narrative. So maybe the poll question should be closer to “Do you believe that government is upholding its assigned responsibilities?” or “Is gour current overnment worth all of its various costs?”

    Then there are all the government employees, and all the recipients of government largess of any kind (welfare, gov contractors, teachers, et al). That number must be close to half of the population. The other half are paying for all of it.

    So if 35% say it’s the “biggest” problem, that’s actually 70% of the half that’s footing the bill. The other 30% of that half must have some truly dire problems in their lives.

  3. Huck Says:

    Personally, I consider what was once the media to be the Country’s biggest problem. Their endless lies, fake news, political bias, pro-illegal immigration, race baiting, etc.

    IMHO, they cause more trouble than everyone else combined and if they were all garroted at high noon tomorrow it would solve a very high percentage of our problems.

  4. Lyle Says:

    “I consider what was once the media to be the Country’s biggest problem.”

    Wait; so you think there was a time when the major U.S. media were generally honest?

    No, Young Grasshopper; I submit to you that they haven’t changed a bit in over 200 years, and many of us are only just brining to realize what the media have been all along; liars, hucksters, manipulators, seducers, tricksters, agitators, tools of chaos and of the authoritarian system. Also, how ever bad you think they are, they’re probably worse.

    Garroting them (though a colorful suggestion) wouldn’t fix anything though. Their handlers can find any number of replacements for them, now including CGI “people”, to read their bullshit to the masses.

    Fake people reading the fake news; that would be fitting. Type the bullshit in at one end, from anywhere in the world, and out it spews from the CGI news anchor, and over the government licensed airwaves.

    If you want to get to the sources of the BS you’ll have to look far beyond the TV studios and the editors’ offices. They’re just tools, and the people in them are sock puppets.

  5. Larry Says:

    The media has always been bad, but it didn’t used to be so monolithic.

  6. Tim Says:

    #1 problem: All the friggin’ ‘tards I’m forced to share this republic with.
    #2 problem: There’s no beer in my fridge and it’s Saturday night.
    #3 problem: The government.

    Yup.

  7. Lyle Says:

    The word “media” (e.g. TV, radio, internet, print, et al) is the plural form of “medium” (any one of the above). Saying, “the media is” is like saying “them guys is”, but I suppose that, as a culture, we’ve lost that distinction forever. Once small voice crying in the wilderness isn’t likely to change things noticeably, and hardly anyone likes to be corrected, but I try.